Atlantic TC Forecast
EXTENDED RANGE FORECAST OF ATLANTIC SEASONAL HURRICANE ACTIVITY
AND LANDFALL STRIKE PROBABILITY FOR 2013
(as of 10 April 2013)
"We anticipate that the 2013 Atlantic basin hurricane season will have enhanced activity compared with the 1981-2010 climatology. The tropical Atlantic has anomalously warmed over the past several months, and it appears that the chances of an El Niño event this summer and fall are unlikely. We anticipate an above-average probability for major hurricanes making landfall along the United States coastline and in the Caribbean. Coastal residents are reminded that it only takes one hurricane making landfall to make it an active season for them, and they need to prepare the same for every season, regardless of how much or how little activity is predicted."
- Early Alert releases their "Hurricane Resource Center" Apple App.
05/12/2013 in Early Alert
- National Hurricane Preparedness Week 2013 runs from May 26th through June 1st.
05/12/2013 in NHC
- Hurricane Sandy retired from list of Atlantic Basin tropical cyclone names.
04/11/2013 in NWS/NOAA
- Extended range forecast of Atlantic seasonal hurricane activity and landfall strike probability for 2013 ...
04/10/2013 in Dept. of Atmospheric Science, CSU
- Significant Regional and National Events for December 2012 - February 2013
03/30/2013 in NWS
- NOAA predicts mixed bag of drought, flooding and warm weather for spring ...
03/21/2013 in NOAA/NWS
- U.S. Seasonal Drought Outlook through April 2013
02/08/2013 in NOAA/NWS